Yüzotuziki

A Tip:: All posts entitled City - Gün # tend to be full of photos from a weekend trip. The rest of the posts are useless paragraphs, full of my ramblings and random photos.

Saturday, July 30, 2005

Vizesi

I went home today and retrieved my passport, signaling the end of the month-long battle with the Turkish Consulate in NYC:

I mailed my photograph, application, and acceptance letter; they retaliated by insisting I was a fool for not sending my passport and 20 USD. I sent in another copy of the application, my passport, and 20 USD; they responded by telling me they needed a money order. I Fed-Exed the money order and a letter; they finally gave in, returning my passport (with visa!) three days later. Negotiations were quick and rare- there was a one out of ten chance that someone would answer the phone, and that was only between 3 and 5pm.

From what I hear, most consulates have similar complicated defensive measures (i.e. day- long visa procedures, no 'Call Waiting' service, short hours of operation). It makes this part of the journey that much more exciting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home