Yüzotuziki

A Tip:: All posts entitled City - Gün # tend to be full of photos from a weekend trip. The rest of the posts are useless paragraphs, full of my ramblings and random photos.

Friday, September 30, 2005

First International Watermelon Rugby Match

"International watermelon rugby is exactly the same as touch rugby (ie no tackles) and is a very simple sport that everyone can play. I don't actually know the rules so i will make most of them up on the day, and mostly to the advantage of whichever team i am on."

So I spent the last two hours lounging on Devrim field, munching on vodka-infused watermelon, watching the exchange students toss watermelons at each other while wrestling opponents to the ground. Needless to say, watermelon pulp was strewn all over the field, and much messy fun was had by all. I think the entire student population of METU stared at us on their way to class.

2 Comments:

At 11:33 AM, Blogger rainmelon said...

Didn't participate, eh? Ah, more's the pity; your loss. Did you take pictures?

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger h said...

No, no. I knew I should have put my camera into my purse before I left. But, in my defense, I thought I was headed to the Doctor's Office.

Just picture a soccer field with watermelon guts thrown everywhere, and melon rinds spread sporadically throughout. Then, put a random assortment of 20-25 year olds passing pieces of melon to each other. As the watermelon breaks, the largest piece of watermelon becomes the new rugby "ball".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home