Yüzotuziki

A Tip:: All posts entitled City - Gün # tend to be full of photos from a weekend trip. The rest of the posts are useless paragraphs, full of my ramblings and random photos.

Sunday, October 30, 2005

Cheeseburger

Okay, I've learned my lesson: When dying for "familiar" food, don't go to a Turkish restaurant.

I ordered a cheeseburger. What I got was:
  • Tomato
  • 1 piece of lettuce
  • Pickle
  • Some generic Turkish cheese
  • A meat patty (perhaps made of lamb, definitely not beef) that was 1/8" thick
  • Potato salad, complete with peas and carrots
All this was stuck on a sort of buttery, pastry-ish bun.
It was a miracle that I ate half.

1 Comments:

At 8:37 AM, Blogger h said...

Foreign interpretations of Western food are creative.

'Gotta love the spam. Around here we have overly processed bologna that's bright pink.

Word on the street is that they have real mayonnaise and canned tuna. A tuna salad sandwich would be pretty awesome. I'm not sure what to substitute for the celery- cucumber?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home