Yüzotuziki

A Tip:: All posts entitled City - Gün # tend to be full of photos from a weekend trip. The rest of the posts are useless paragraphs, full of my ramblings and random photos.

Friday, September 02, 2005

Telefon

After our first Turkish lesson (and lunch), most of the students had to leave to get chest X-rays. It seems, if you are going to live in the public dorms, they need a chest X-ray to make sure you don't have Tuberculosis. The private dorms (like mine) do not have such an issue. Either way, it gave me a free day and I went with a host student to buy a cell phone. We searched the cell phone shops of Kisilay, then a bazaar, and eventually a mall where we were successful.
My fantabulous cell phone
It's not much, but it cost 45 YTL which is about...33 USD. Now, I need a SIM card for it to work, but for the time being it makes a great paper weight.

1 Comments:

At 10:36 PM, Blogger rainmelon said...

I like your idea of having a ruler next to the phone for perspective's purpose.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home