Yüzotuziki

A Tip:: All posts entitled City - Gün # tend to be full of photos from a weekend trip. The rest of the posts are useless paragraphs, full of my ramblings and random photos.

Monday, August 29, 2005

Fındıklar (Hazelnuts)

It started on the plane. Instead of a package of salted peanuts I received a package of Turkish hazelnuts, its packaging claiming all sorts of health benefits in rough English. And then there were the ads between movies, touting that "Turkish Hazelnuts add value." Even dinner came with a candied hazelnut.

I'm not sure how to interpret this, as I haven't seen much hazelnut fanatacism since I left Istanbul. Either Turkish Airlines owns some hazelnut farms, or it is a really popular product in İstanbul. Maybe a bit of both.

[Edit] I have since seen dried hazelnuts served as a snack in Ankara bars, instead of popcorn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home